I had a pretty great night on the big day, though. Got into a Jaymay show I didn't think I'd get into in Williamsburg. Really cool place. More on that here. Wandered into a bar called Duff's about a block away to try to kill some time before the show, and was greeted by Sabbath pounding out of the stereo and superduperhardcore porn on the tv behind the bar. PBR's were only $1 though, so I haven't ruled out going back someday. Here's a picture I found on Duff's MySpace page of Elijah Wood with a bartender there. Because why not.
Here's a list of some things I'd like to accomplish by this time next year:
- Tell someone very clearly and sincerely to "piss up a rope." This is not the first time I've made this resolution, but as yet I've always been a few beats too late and I really don't want to waste it. This will be a resounding victory over my hapless foe and everyone who witnesses it will think about how awesome it was later.
- Score a 2400 on the SAT. Yes, really. It's part of the new job.
- Become good (like...total domination good) at some shooter video game. I think my best chance is going to be Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow. I am already getting my ass kicked up, down, left, and right in Halo 3.
- Become a vegetarian 3-4 days a week.
- Go to the dentist for crissakes.
- Start playing guitar again.